Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Thoughts of the next song I should do a freestyle over.

How about J. Cole's "Power Trip"??

I definitely have a lot of respect for J. Cole and his music. Especially his song "Power Trip". The content of the song definitely hits home for me. I've probably listened to it every day since the first time I heard it. I never thought to write a freestyle to it, even though it made me think of a similar situation going on with me that the song describes. But, my boy Qwan gave me the idea just yesterday, and I said, "ok".  Now, my freestyle will discuss a similar situation like the one described in the original song, but with a little twist.  I'll also be singing the hook. Now, like I said in my first sentence, I have a lot of respect for J. Cole and his music, with that being said, I want to make sure I do this song justice as well as he did, but especially because I respect good quality music and I would never want to make/settle for anything less.
So stay tuned, because I already have half of the song finished! 

Test Of A King

No comments:

Post a Comment